[RC] A lazy day in Germany - LUCIE HESS

I had a very nice long  email that I wrote last night
to send to you all.  I sent it to Ridecamp, but it
didn't get through, I also didn't keep a copy, so
that's why you  haven't heard from me.

Today was a quiet day.  The Endurance Folks left
yesterday, so I had the day to myself, which I spent,
quietly, napping, reading and doing a much needed load
of wash.  Since I have made myself at home here in the
Hotel,  Petra,the hotel owner let me run a load in the
Hotel's washer and dryer.  She is very nice and has
wonderful English.

I was pooped.  Running full speed since I got here a
week ago Monday.  I can't believe I've been here so
long.

I'm picking up a few words, I now know how to say
"cheers" in German and have learned a German curse
word..  In general, my pronunciation is often
corrected.  I can't seem to get my mouth to make the
correct sounds.   I just laugh...

Tomorrow I plan to go back to the center of the town,
lot's of cute shops there.  "Shopping" seems to be an
internationally known word!
One of the American official guys who I know pretty
well, (Art) is staying at the Hotel til Friday.  He
came in to the restaurant  as I was finishing my meal
and I sat with him and we chatted while he ate.  He's
a nice guy and fun to talk with.  We talked horses of
course.

I plan to be home Monday in the evening.

I hope to get another post out tomorrow morning.  My
adapter didn't adapt well to the German Electrical
system, so I'm currently borrowing one from another
American guy, who will probably want it back.
My charger for the cell phone also died on this trip..
What about this electricity is so hard on this stuff?
The cell phone will charge with the car adapter, I
sure hope I don't have to rent a car to charge up my
phone!

So I may be without my lap top and cell phone for a
few days.. My... how will I survive?  More later..

Columbia, Missouri
Region 6

http://mail.yahoo.com