Saddle you're not afraid to get wet? Re: [RC] Tall horses..... oh, and saddle recs..... - Elizabeth Chase

Hey Laney,

I understood the Balance folks collaborated with Linda P on the design, but are not the actual saddle makers.  I like the look of the saddle very much, though as for most excellent products, the ka-ching! factor weighs in heavily. The Parelli saddle fitting philosophy varies from what most folks are accustomed, from placement of the saddle far enough back to allow for a full range of motion for the shoulders, use and placement of shims between the saddle and pad to avoid that forward-falling sensation, and a bit of a different position of sitting on one's bum for balance.  It's a quite comfortable position, and gets me considering the notion of parting with my dressage saddle.  Or not.  I have mixed feelings. I still would need another saddle for distance riding, if only for tougher leather than my 'delicate' pretty saddle.  Can't even get it wet, and riding in the rain is fun when properly equipped.

I'd be interested in the saddles people ride that do well in the elements, particularly rain.........

Yah, Cal is tall to be sure, but my nearsightedness helps keep the distance to the ground obscured.  And, he covers a lot of ground while still seeming to move slowly.  My 15 hand pistol, Delphi, is also long strided, but can go so fast the wind seems to whistle between her ears, you can feel the speed like driving a good roadster, and you can feel her joy.....   Cal doesn't have that feeling (yet... but I've had him less than a month).....   Delphi is level-backed at any gait, but it's easier to 'sit' Cal's trot --- and she is so athletic someone told me she'd make a good cow or reining horse.  It is certainly fun to play 'cow pony' with her at liberty (I get to be the calf, lol....)

Liz
Minnesota

Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I do know that the Parelli saddle is made by the Balance company so it
should be well designed. I can't imagine sitting on a horse 3 hands
taller than mine - more power to you!!!
Laney