[RC] Follow up on "tying up" episode - Vallonelee

Okay I finally got all the blood work back on Buddy after his tying up/cramping episode.  Even with daily dosing of electrolytes, his levels were still low.  Also the selenium level came back at 0.09 (with the low range of normal being 0.14).  So my question is........

Would this level of selenium depletion require an injectable supplementation in conjunction with the oral supplement (selenium yeast) that he is now receiving twice daily?

The vet that I am using didn't even want to do a selenium level (he felt I it was a waste of money to even do blood work after the tying up/cramping episode because it would only show elevated enzymes, which BTW were not that high)  so I do not feel confident in his recommendation for oral supplementation only.  Anyone out there have any input/.experience that they would like to share?

Thanks!
Lee