RE: [RC] how big will that baby be? Whats that string measurement? - Rae Callaway

Measure from the soft spot in the middle of the knee, straight down to where the hair meets the hoof.? This measurement in inches will be the adult height in hands (give or take an inch).? i.e. 14 ¾ inches would be 14.3 hands.? If you’re unsure of where to measure, try it out on your adult horses.? I’ve found it to be pretty accurate. Out of 12 foals, 2 were an inch over and one was an inch under.? All the rest? topped off exactly what I measured at 6 months.

Rae

Tall C Arabians - Central

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karla Watson
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 1:14 AM
To: RIDECAMP
Subject: [RC] how big will that baby be? Whats that string measurement?

I can't remember what that string measurement system is for measuring to see how tall a youngster will be when grown up. I know its not 100% accurate, but what the heck, please send it to me. I have a 2 yr old that I would love to know approx. height he will be.

--------------Karla Watson/Portland, Oregon