RE: [RC] Arabian Definitions - John Teeter

At 10:14 PM 8/17/2006, you wrote:
which John would have us believe does not happen in this country.

Heidi - keep it civil - Steph put me on Squeek (Sukaro HCC) - a very good Hyannis horse.

How many current endurance breeding operations are there in the US today of the scale of the HCC? My point was not that there are no US endurance breeders! my point was we are doing it, for the most part, in a different way and I have been pointing to some of the differences. we are not doing it today like Hyannis did it.

It's not that I don't believe US breaders have brought forth good horses -- that's not my point at all - and it does absolutely no good to preach to me (as I'm not a horse guy eh?) - my point - rather - take a broader view - there are 160+ horses gathered in Aachen for a race on monday. 5 of them came from the US and are (I have to guess b/c I'm not a horse guy!) of the best breading; the best conformation; these are choice endurance horses. and the other 155 horses over there are likely just as well bred!

and most of the endurance riders i know pay particular attention to choosing their mounts with as much astute attention to their future success as possible. Even middle of the pack and tail enders look for the best they can afford that meet their criteria. and more power to us all.

again, i'm not a horse guy - these name breeze right on through without sticking with me -

Would you list for me, the top 10 breeders of endurance mounts in the US today - in your opinion? I'd like to get a handle on the scope of the issue and on the size of these top US breeding operations.

jt.

(p.s. a link to breeding lines more of my liking: http://www.levenez.com/lang/history.html#03)