RE: [RC] Is it Fall Yet? - Chris Paus

ROTF, Paul. Good. I'll have to remember that, when I ride with others! Most of the time, it's just me and the horse out there, battling the spider webs by ourselves!
chris

Paul Sidio <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris,

As a fellow Central Region rider, let me tell you my solution to the spider web situation. I train with several women riders here.My Momma always raised me up that I should always  allow Ladies to go first.  I try to follow my Mommas teachings. Let them lead.  Also another good idea is to pretend you aren't sure of the trail.  When you act a little confused... " Should we turn at this fork to get back to camp?"... One of these assertive women will grab the lead and show you the way home.  Of course when you are riding out of your own barn they may think you are an idiot... but that is a small price to pay for not getting spider webs in your teeth.

One thing to remember is to drop a few comments about equtition.  Something like " Don't you hate seeing a slouchy rider coming in to the vet check? It makes their horse look half dead."   Then they will be sure and sit up really straight and tall... This makes sure they get all the webs cleaned out for you.  No point on more than one person getting all buggy.

As for the heat... Start early, finish early.

Hope this helps

Paul Sidio
Spokane MO

Do you Yahoo!?