[RC] is it fall yet???? - Chris Paus

I don't know about you guys, but after riding today and peeling layers of spider webs off my face and helmet, and being out in the heat and humidity, I'm ready for fall to start tomorrow. And last until about Christmas!

Here in the Central Region, we have a fall ride season and I can hardly wait for it. I've been trying to keep three horses ridden and I'm so not a hot weather person.

It's hard to ride in the woods as it's a constant barrage of spider webs. Get outside the woods and the sun beats down on you. The creeks are all dry and dusty. The cicadas make so much noise it's almost deafening! And the ragweed is out there pollinating like crazy, aaaachooooooo! And it's getting to be the time of year to watch out for copperheads.

Took the Starman out today to get ready for a ride, but neither of us had much enthusiasm for it. We got in some miles, but they were slow ones. I guess it's better than me sitting around in the house and him burying his head in the round bale. But, I know with some cooler weather, there will be a lot more pep in our steps!

So how do you all keep your cool when it's 90 to 100 degrees and so humid clothes won't dry on an outside line?

chris