RE: [RC] Arabian bloodlines - Chris Paus

Exactly! Just for example.

I know a good number of capable endurance horses and Tevis  horses throughout the years have had WitezII blood in them. Yet I went to look at stallion pedigrees on the Korona Polish breeders list, and I couldn't find one of the two dozen or more stallions listed there that had ANY WitezII in them. All were from the more modern show lines and most had very little old world Polish blood anywhere close in the pedigree.

On an Arabian board I frequent, mention WitezII and you get "huh," or no reponse.  But mention Monogramm and some of the other modern stallions and you get threads a mile long, sigh..

In fact,many of the people I talk to about bloodlines think WitezII and Witraz were the same horse.....I'm sure you'll find Witraz also in some endurance horses simply because his offspring Bask was so prolific.

chris

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Unknown?  Sometimes.  Lackluster??  I've yet to look at the pedigree of a successful Arabian or part-Arabian endurance horse and not be able to identify ancestors that would have passed on those traits.  If I had the knowledge of other breeds that I do of Arabians, I'd wager that the same woudl be true.

Some people CALL the good endurance lines "lackluster" simply because they aren't the lines being touted in the modern show ring.  That's just their ignorance speaking.

Heidi