[RC] injuries - June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf

I say most horse folk are just plain tougher than "normal" folk.  I fell off a hay wagon (5 bales high) onto another wagon edge....basically did CPR on myself...cracked my sternum.  Rode the Shore to Shore 2 weeks later...I wore 2 sport bras and took alot of drugs but, damnit....I made it and my mare was just awesome!!!  I know Roberta Harms rode a ride after going off and breaking or cracking both wrists.  Then in '02 I went off broke some ribs and kept complaining to the Dr. about my hip.  He told me it was arthritis and maybe I should stop riding...ha ha a year and half later I convinced him to Xray it as it was always hurting no matter what...Ha....crack in the neck of the femur 3/4 way through.  He turned white and said "what the hell are you doing walking?"  The ortho he sent me to also said he didn't anyone who could or would be walking with something like that...much less riding.....and I had been riding for the year and half....just with ibu's.  I know Jan Worthington and has ridden many miles with cracked or broken something or another.  Like I said we are a tough bunch in general.  Can't say if we are always the smartest bunch but, most of the time we have more fun than most folk!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June
the walking wounded!!!
did I say we weren't normal??????
well are we??????