[RC] broken bones and riding, probably only endurance riders would or those who make their living with their horses - Mary Ann Spencer

Don't have any stats but it seems endurance riders will ride almost no matter what-with broken bones etc.  Personally I rode many yrs ago with a cracked foot as I thought it was only sprained.  The boots I wore supported it well but it was painful to swim so did not use that leg to kick.

Darolyn Butler rode with a broken arm yrs ago.  I am sure there are lots of others who have as well.  Had friend who fell off his horse while hunting in the mountains of CO.  Broke his arm but could not get back to civilization for a few days. Said he spent the time waiting for his friends to finish the hunt at the local tavern.  Went to his own doctor when he returned to TX.   Have to be tough to do that.

The hard part of being out of riding for 6 weeks is how much more of our conditioning we loose that the horse who is also on 'vacation' doesn't loose.

With the new fiberglass casts, there is much less chance of messing up the cast.