[RC] MI S2S - larry Miller

Rob, I was at the warm up.  It was a nice crowd and I met Truman and Cathy, two very nice people.  There were about 40 riders for Sunday's ride, we all went out together at 7 AM.  I rode with Bill Wilson, Connie C, Becky McCardy and we just had a great time reliving old times and old stories.  I even sang 'Tell ol' Bill when he gets home this mornnnninnnng' to Bill!  I think he tried to get away but Maggie was having nothing to do with it.  I am not sure how many are trying all 5 days although Sarah, our vet from Petoskey is trying it.  Also Roxi from western Iowa or eastern Nebraska is trying it too.  Roxi pulled into our place 11:30 PM after almost 600 miles of driving friday night.  She followed me over to the Warm Up the next day.  Her teen agers were hysterical.  They never budged from bed until we got into camp  around noon!  Pat Olivia showed up too and we all had fun teasing her too.  She pulled into camp eating an ice cream cone!  At least she didn't have her sponged tied on with surgical tubing like she did at the 3 day 100 in the 70s.  I can still see that sponge chasing her down trail.  I even managed to ride with her too.  Rose Clark was there with her niece Rachael who is still in love with her pony even though she practically helps that pony down trail with 6 legs instead of 4.  She is a good kid and the pony is an exceptional animal.  Rose is having a blast with her niece.  Byards, Aaron, and I are going back up tomorrow to try to ride 3 LDs.  The kids won't believe wading the river first thing Thursday AM.  I would carry my camera but don't want to drop it in the water.  More stories later.  See ya Thursday?  Jill and the kids will be there in the afternoon to set up camp, but Aaron and I won't get there until 10ish wed night.The weather has been purfect!!!   Jeanie