RE: [RC] Russian horses - CMK percentage - heidi

OK, first, let's differentiate between Crabbet and CMK--Crabbet is a part of CMK, but not the only part.  That said, the CMK breeding behind the Russian horses is all Crabbet, but that behind the American granddams of both your mare and Heraldic is not all Crabbet.  The Davenport horses, for instance, have some of the same dam lines as the Blunt imports to Crabbet, but did not ever go through Crabbet.

Statistic is 25% Crabbet.

Tamerlan, the sire of both BHR Lanna and Heraldic's dam, is 12.5% Crabbet.

BHR Lanna's dam, Buckhornscarzone, actually qualifies as a CMK mare, being over 75% CMK (she is 76.5+% CMK, much of it being Crabbet, but some of it being Davenport, and she has both a CMK sire line and a CMK dam line).  She is a much higher percentage than is Heraldic's dam.  So crossing her with Tamerlan results in BHR Lanna being 44.5+% CMK.

In turn, crossing her with Statistic makes your mare ~34.8% CMK, as opposed to Heraldic being ~25.8%, with the bulk of the CMK breeding in both cases being Crabbet.

In addition, Heraldic's maternal granddam has a considerable percentage of Babson Egyptian breeding, whereas your mare's dam has some crosses to both Patton Polish and Dickinson Polish imports.

I would add that the Russian horses also have a very significant percentage of additional Sheyk Obeyd Egyptian breeding (relatives to the Blunt/Crabbet horses) but that does not count toward their Crabbet percentage, since only the SO breeding that actually came through the Blunt horses is counted toward their Crabbet percentage.  The Babson horses also have similar backgrounds.

Heidi

Heidi

How bout this cross? Statistic x BHR Lanna. What's the Crabbett percentages here? I have a mare that's a 3/4 sib to Heraldic.
I sold my straight crabbett gelding (Silvern Magic x PR Dargees Magic). Hope Lynika, out of BHR Lanna will be a Tevis contender someday! I can dream!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=