[RC] Junior and Mentors - Marcia Nelson

I coach junior riders in CTR's and I consider it seed planting. They will grow up and go to college and/or have families and children of their own. When they hit that typical 40+ time when so many return to riding and endurance, they will be all the better for having had the experience as a junior!! The crop of today were the juniors of the past and so it goes year after year. I will continue to coach juniors year after year. My first crop is already married and doing the family thing so the cycle is already well on its way.

I am the result of an active horsy junior life. I had a hiatus away from horses as I raised my family, but my roots were deep and I am back and in the horse culture to stay for the rest of my life. I am very grateful for the adults that gave me a good start as a junior!! Here here for the mentors of juniors!! This is why I agree that the juniors are the future. Not that the sport will be taken over by juniors, but that the active adults in the sport were once active juniors!!
mnhorsin