From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of KimFue@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:07 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Distance riding in other countries

Steph,
   I am curious what the format is for the 40K races in other countries.  You stated that in some countries horses have to start at the shorter distances before moving up.  Are the 40K rides considered training rides in these countries?  Or are the basically a shorter version of a 80K or 160K or are they set up more similar to our 25 milers where the finishing time is based on recovery not actual placing.  If they are just a shorter version of the longer distances,  do most of the riders treat the 40K as a race or a training ride?  Also, what is the minimum competition age for horses entering a 40K?

Kim