Re: [RC] Defining Endurance - Tiffany D'Virgilio

That's my friend Erin. When she and I were both active on the Arab rescue boards, Erin floored me with her attitude. She is one amazing girl. Her birth mother gave her up because of her "deformity", but she was adopted by a lovely family. When she was in college she visited with me here in SoCal and we went to see Khemo, but he had died that week. We spent the day in the paddocks and fawning over Bob, aka Alada Baskin II, who my 4 year old got to sit on.?
We went to lunch afterward and the most amazing thing is that my kids never really noticed what was "wrong" with Erin, only that she was wonderful. She and her little mare, Lettie are a huge inspiration. She rides in a special saddle and the relationship between she and her mare is something to be envied by all of us.?
I have another friend who has no legs and is losing his digits and extremities inch by inch-he straps himself on his arab and rides when we go to Morro Bay or Anza Borrego.?
Indeed my friends, that is endurance.?
I'm having so much trouble getting back to riding after the surgery, sepsis, and Grave's disease, but these people face more hardships that most of us ever will. What is the most amaZING PART? I have NEVER heard Erin or Dave complain about their situation. Bravo for that pioneer? and unbeatable spirit.?
Tiffany