RE: [RC] re: 100s discussion - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Count two for me and Joni....that is currently doing 100's.

Stacy Sadar <stacy_sadar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since this is such a heated discussion, I'm turning up the heat....

How many (50's) 100's do you need to do to consider yourself an "endurance rider"?  If the definition is what you say, I would not consider ONE ride a guaranteed claim to be an endurance rider.  IMO you would need to be doing many in a year....just like a marathon runner would.

What if you quit doing (50's) 100's then are you no longer considered an "endurance rider?"  If you stop running marathons, you wouldn't be a marathon runner any longer, right?  So what would you be...an "introductory endurance rider" again?

How many 100 mile riders are there actually out there?  That is the ones who CURRENTLY ride 100's...not 'used' to.   And I guess to go further with that question...how many 50 mile riders and how many LD riders?

Just curious...

Peace & Love to all of you...<grin>
Stacy
...who's horse has done 50's/ 100's and her friend keeps telling her to just do a 50 because he can handle it just fine, but she prefers to do LD's because she's not in shape to handle more miles in one day, likes to ride both horses in two days, works full-time to pay the bills and can't commit to traveling too far from home for rides and the conditioning time and besides she's afraid of the dark to even think of trying a 100.  ;)