[RC] Profile of one person who would like to do a 100 - Angie Fura

I'm both a rider who aspires to ride in a 100 and I ride manager who aspires to eventually put one on.  I couldn't care less about FEI - that's not my cup of tea.   I'm also the rare person in this sport who doesn't really care for multi-day rides.  I prefer the old-school single-day events that offered LD, 50's, and 100's. In my opinion, seeing a 100-miler rider at a ride was like seeing a movie star.  I remember being excited about finishing my 50-mile ride just so I could watch the 100's.  One of the most inspirational moments I've ever seen in endurance was watching a 100-miler trot off in the distance across the lake from basecamp at the Liberty Run ride.  We all cheered and clapped for her and she waved back.  It was like watching someone summit Mt Everest.

I'm working on a plan to get myself and my horse in shape to do a 100 in 2007.  I know of some friends who are also doing the same. 100's may be in decline but they're not dead yet!  I'll be there at the starting line as soon as I can!  Keep the passion alive long enough for me to get there.

Angie Fura
Co-Manager of the Trace Tribute
www.tracetribute.com

Do you Yahoo!?