Re: [RC] ridecamp reaction to Truman's comments - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

May I remind you Jody, that you did vote for the combined program with
SEDRA when it was surfaced before the SERA BOD. That was time for this
discussion.

Truman

Yes Truman, I know how I voted, and I believe that I have since then apoligized for that vote to the entire BOD and several SERA members.  And you are also correct in that then was the time for such discussion...and as usual, nothing was said.  But at that time, it was not presented as the "100 mile award" program that it is today.  It was to help some of the dying 100 mile endurance rides in FL, and SERA was going to help them by some sponsoring.  The program was a brainchild of yours, I think, to help boost distance riding in both SERA/SEDRA.  And I didn't and still don't have a problem with that part of it.  I do think we can benefit from working together, but do keep the purity of the one day 100 endurance ride.    I don't think the full effect of "what" it really meant struck home until it was passed.  Mistakes can be made.....at least I have owned up to mine.

Jody