Re: [RC] Was John C/Heraldic-Now readiness for 100s - KimFue

In a message dated 08/07/2006 4:23:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
"For those who want an equine partner for the long term to do a 100
every once in a while - having a horse ready to go do the OD, Tevis or
AERC NC, etc. there is nothing wrong with having a good solid base with
2 to 3 good years before you step up to a 100. "

Does that not cover the rest of it?
Actually, no this does not cover the rest.  Here in the PS we have riders who regularly attend "local" 100s like 20 Mule Team and Californios.  There are dedicated riders from So Cal that also try to make Swanton and Virginia City whenever they can.  I just finished e mailing with a So Cal rider that is planning on making VC this year.  I know the last couple of years, out of state riders made it a point to attend the Big Horn ride.  So yes, there are more 100s that many of us like to attend that are not Tevis, OD, or the NC.