Re: [RC] John C and Heraldic - Barbara McCrary

In 1986, 20 years ago, when we hosted the first FEI ride in the USA and perhaps the western hemisphere at Swanton Pacific, the East Region mustered a terrific team.  Maggy Price was one of the team and John Crandall III was another one.  He placed second on a 1/2 Arab named Magic Aquarius (second only to Becky Hart on Rio.)  We have a video taken of the ride, and the scenes of John approaching the finish line in the dark, posting in perfect synchronization with his horse was breathtaking.  There was music, as well, and I don't remember what it was, but it was perfect for a trotting horse.  I remember being quite impressed with John's horsemanship then, and his quiet demeanor and apparent total lack of ego.  It's nice to see a winner, in Tevis' case a DOUBLE winner, being so ego-free and just smiling in satisfaction while stroking his horse's face.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 4:33 AM
Subject: [RC] John C and Heraldic

  John Crandell is a fantastic horse man from a family of horsemen.    Heraldic is a Fantastic ASGAURD arabian horse from exquisite selective breeding.  John lives in the mountains  similar  to you South Easterner's Leatherwood,    the combination of outstanding  human family and outstanding equine family  is what happened at Tevis.