Re: [RC] [RC] John Crandell III & Heraldic - rides2far - KimFue

I wasn't at Tevis so I did not get to see any of the horses in person.  But just from following the webcast, it was quite obvious that this rider used great strategy in this race.  After watching the splits for the front runners, it looked like the first place finisher had a lot of horse left at the finish.  Although, it isn't common the the winner is awarded the Hagin Cup, it didn't surprise me in the least in this case.  On paper, it looked like a perfect run from start to finish- saving a lot of horse for the finish.