[RC] Thinking about riding the HTH but nervous about the heat/humidity?(Maine) - Sharon Levasseur

Hey there everybody, hot enough for you?  :-)  I've heard from a few folks that
they're thinking about riding the Hot Toddy Hustle but they're nervous about
the heat and humidity.

At Ridecamp, which is next to Toddy Pond in Orland Maine, temps during the last
two weeks have ranged from 56-88° and humidity has been from 34-100% (depending
on whether it's raining, of course).  It has rained *at least a little bit* at
some point during most days recently.  Both distances are starting very early,
6am for the 50s and probably 6:30am for the 30s, so we'll get as many miles out
of the way before the heat of the day as possible.

We usually have a pretty good breeze along most sections of the trail, too,
depending on whether you're in dense woods at the time.  Speaking of the woods,
as much of the trail as I could manage IS in the woods where it's shady!

I just rode the trail last weekend, and unless we have drought conditions for
the next 2 weeks (ha!) there will be frequent natural water.  There are three
places where you can take your horse right into a lake/pond if you want to!
There will be six or seven pit crew stops, and plenty of water at both vet
checks.

We've also got some GREAT awards, like a rolling hay bag, fly masks, Cashel
Cover-Up, BMB halter, Cashel Aqua Shield Wrist Wraps, and more.

There will be a raffle to benefit the Great Pond Mountain Conservation Trust,
the HTH's biggest landowner!  Tickets will be $1 each, 7 for $5, or 15 for $10.
Enter to win:
*Silver-Plated Horsehead-Shaped Bottle Opener
*14oz Peppermint Treats
*32oz QuikClens Scrub-Free Shampoo
*16oz Thermaflex Liniment with MSM
*3-dose Lyte-Now Paste
*Body Sponge
*Dynamite Plus Supplement
*Dynamite Probiotics
*Cashel Long-Nose Arab-Size Flymask WITH GOOGLY EYES!
*Velvet Touch Grooming Set
*Tupperware Stow n' Go Sports Bottle
*Tupperware Quick Shake Container
(Not all these are guaranteed to be in the raffle, I might need one or two of
them for awards.)

If you're coming, please send your entry in as soon as possible rather than
waiting until you arrive.  If you wait until then, I can't guarantee we'll have
enough food for you.  ;-)  Speaking of food, if you have any special dietary
requirements, please give me at least 4 days' notice.

I hope to see you there!

Sharon Levasseur, Ride Manager
Hot Toddy Hustle 30/50
www.zegifts.com/HTH/hot-toddy-hustle.htm