[RC] Limiting factors - Nikki McCormack

Ok. I will admit up front that I am a featherweight. However, due to a barrage of serious illness and injury issues, I have not gotten very far in endurance. I face these challenges and do the best I can do to work through them so I can compete. What I am currently doing to manage my pain is work out a lot (even though finding the time means sacrifices) so that my body can support itself in spite of the injuries. Beyond that, I have to grin and bear it because I love to ride. I don't see why people with weight issues should get more consideration then people with chronic pain or people with severe time or money constraints.

Do I want special consideration because of my pain? No. I choose to do this, so it is my choice to do it in pain as much as it is someone else?s choice to do it while carrying extra weight.

If you really don't like it, try to do something about it. My husband has lost 40 lbs in 3 months, not because he wants his horse to have less weight to carry, but because he wants to have a long healthy life with me. If you want to be competitive, do what you can to make yourself the best competitor you can be. Otherwise, don't expect much.

Nikki (and Cody, who has a rough time because my injuries are all on one side, so I get off balance more often then we would like)

AERC M33800 / PNER 3782