Re: [AERCMembersForum] Re: [RC] Mea Cupla, was: Weight Divisions - Jody Rogers-Buttram

What does this mean Truman?????   Do you mean by "more participation across the board" that it awards everyone????   That doesn't solve anything.   That's the entire problem that we have been fussing over.  The sport has turned into a "one size fits all" kinda thing.  The true meaning of AERC was to have a horse/rider team cover a distance of at least 50 miles.  Then came along the original set of rules.  Ok, things change, sports grow....AERC adapted.  I have no problem with that....but we have changed, and adapted so much that we no longer have that one real champion horse/rider team anymore.  Why is it so hard to see that???  How far does it go before what we have known as a great sport has turned into something that "anyone" can do, and get awarded for it at a National level???  FEI does not replace that "champion" horse void.  You want to talk about money, there is plenty that can be spent there.  And it isn't designed for the common man.  The old NC, the points race, was.  It was doable.  It proved that if a horse/rider had the soundness, smarts, consistence to do all those rides, they could win it.  And like somebody, Heidi I think, said earlier....anybody could go for it.  Anybody could be in the running for it.

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 a decision that will in the long run promote growth in the organization and more participation across the board by all divisions in the sport.