[RC] [RC] The Reality of Weight Divisions - g brass

In the golden past, I was a jockey.  But alas, my a$$, was too large.  In addition to the controversy about weight, both live and dead, you have to take into consideration rider ability.  Some riders, whether featherwights or heavyweights can ride, 1# to 50# or more, better than other riders.  Rider weight, taken without also factoring in the weight of the horse as well, is not in itself a particularly useful bit of data.  If you wanted to, it might be possible to invent an alogrithem to factor all significant data to try to make the playing field level.  The bottom line is that some people are better athletes, some are better doctors, some are better ditch diggers, and some are better horsepeople.  And everyone has limitations.  Do the best you can with the abilities you have and don't whine about "level".  I'm too small to play professional football and too big to be a jockey, I didn't ask the rest of the world to change the rules to enable me to do either.

Easystreet