[RC] Fwd: selection - John Teeter

From: "June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf" <equineent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"Ridecamp-Digest@Endurance. Net" <ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: selection

OK I know I missed it but, can someone tell me where I can go to find who made the final selection for the team????

http://www.endurance.net/2005wec/  <-- for the US (and others:)

I also have to relate...my husband never wore a helmet...just didn't see it necessary ...till a horse we had in for training (this horse had gone through 6 trainers before coming here....should have told him something) bolted through trees and shrub....he came out from that one and has worn a helmet ever since!!   The horse wasn't to blame ...his problems were all man made....so sad...he was an awesome horse but, just could not bring himself to trust humans.  Mike and I could work with him but, only Mike could ride him.  If anyone else came into the barn he would be at the far end of the pasture and look like he was ready to run for his life.  It was so sad...and he was not a happy horse.  He was just dangerous to be around.  We made a tough decision and put him down....the day we walked him out for the vet was the calmest he had ever been....like he knew what decision we made and he was just fine with it.  He didn't fight that day nor pull away from the vet.  He was ready in every sense of the word....no more fear no more worries about what is going to happen.  It was tough for Mike as he had really bonded with the horse but, the boy had kicked someone just cuz they moved too quickly around him and it was just not a healthy situation for all.  I have to thank the  horse as it was him that convinced Mike helmets were an important part of riding....and also the horse showed Mike (and me) what the wrong handling and training can do to a horse.

Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann
Mike Bernsdorf
16706 Hilltop Rd