[RC] WEG Selection - k s swigart

Steph said:

One thing to note, is that when we go to the
Championship FEI events, we are actually leasing our
horses to USEF - at which point all final decisions
regarding the horses are made by USEF staff (vet, chef
d'equipe).

If I were ever interested in participating with my horse in any FEI
Championship event, this would put an end to that interest entirely.  I would
be disinclined to lease my horse to anybody without retaining the right to make
all the final decisions myself.  I certainly wouldn't do it where the decisions
were being made by the USEF staff who have, so far, shown themselves to be
inept at making such decisions.

Especially since the USEF has also shown itself to be willing to "bait and
switch" by changing the actual individuals who hold these positions of
responsibility at the last minute without giving any explanation.  There are
some individuals that I MIGHT be willing to entrust with my horse but some
unnamed amorphous "staff" is a total non-starter.

I am actually a bit amazed that ANYBODY is willing to do this.  After all, the
FEI rules state that the rider is the Person Responsible, nobody in their right
mind would take on that responsibility without also having the right to make
all final decisions.

kat
Orange County, Calif.