Re: [RC] Riding helmets - don't use bike helmets - Barbara McCrary

I'm planning to replace mine soon.  It has never taken a hit, but it is looking ratty, and I'd bet the Styrofoam has lost a lot of its integrity.  I can't begin to remember how old it is, but I use it every time I get on a horse, no matter how well behaved.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Riding helmets - don't use bike helmets

In a message dated 7/27/2006 2:14:35 PM US Mountain Standard Time, rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx writes:
AND, while I am at it.  REPLACE any helmet that takes an impact.  They are ONE TIME USE ONLY safety items.  One you receive a blow to the head, get a new one.  Many reputable companies will provide a low cost replacement if it is needed.
A curious question, should a helmet be replaced on time alone whether it has taken a good knock or not.  I have been using my present helmet for about 7 years.  Should I replace it as it ages ?

Lee