[RC] Possible torn ligament? - Sky Ranch

I'm putting this on the Ridecamp list, from the CTR list (with her permission), for someone who's asking for help for her horse.  If there is anyone who's familiar with this, can you please e-mail her and help?  I don't know anything about it, and in fact don't know her or her horse, but I know the people on this list are very knowledgeable.  If anyone can help please do - thank you very much!!!

Please respond to her e-mail directly, her e-mail is:  khoko1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks -
Carla Richardson
Colorado

Here's her post --

Just found out today that my Arab, who's been lame on the right hind, has torn the ligament that connects his lumbo-sacral joint to the pelvis. I am told his athletic days are over and he will need steroid shots for the pain. It will take 8-12 months for the ligament to heal and it will never be 100%. All the plans I had for the two of us are ruined...I am devastated. Please send me any and all information you have about these kinds of injuries....any ray of hope would be nice, too...but I need to except it if there is none.
Thanks, Sharon R1 with the bold pony ...and no longer in need of an endurance/trail saddle because I will not be doing CTR