[RC] Big Horn - Diane Trefethen - Ramy Jisha

Diane,

I really appreciate your response.  Thank you.  I am sorry my emotions got the best of me.  I am afraid my perceptions of the first postings regarding this year's Big Horn ride got me worked up.  When the fact that a horse had died seemed to have been treated as a sidenote rather than a tragedy, I got defensive and reacted accordingly.

I truly did not mean to offend and anger people by my statements regarding the euthanasia of the horses.  I was angered by the fact that it happened, as I truly believe we all are, and I did get defensive.

Please accept my apology and allow me some leeway considering how close a friend came to losing her best friend.

I want to take another opportunity to say that I believe the Big Horn is a worthwhile undertaking and I do wish I lived close enough to participate personally in the management. (1400 miles is just a bit too far :)

Another thing I would like to say:  As far as Tom Van Gelder goes, I really liked the man personally.  I am afraid he is a bit jaded where the Big Horn and safety precautions are concerned.  And, since he is the one ultimately responsible for the tone of the RM, I do drop responsibility in his lap for the attitudes with which I was so apalled.

Instead of insulting one another (Diane, I do not feel you were at all insulting) and dividing ourselves, why don't we let this subject drop for the time being and allow the official investigation to occur.  Then, when the dust clears, hopefully there will be a stronger, safer Big Horn ride that everyone can enjoy.

Sincerely
Ramy Jisha