[RC] It's not "All about You" - oddfarm

Let me clarify some comments on my last post.

I never said endurance was cruel. But I AM all for the what's best for the horse. For those of you who love to pick apart a post, if you read any of my past posts you would see that.

I don't care if you race, race barefoot, or ride naked using a treeless saddle. Just make sure that your horse is taken care of, that's all.

Riding or racing your horse in endurance is not cruel. Racing your horse days after an illness on banamine and claiming ignorance is, but nobody seems to be bothered by that. (See protest in July EN)

Instead, someone is going to pick apart MY POST!!!

Geezy, weezy!

I never dreamed someone would have a problem with loops even if it meant that was the only way to keep horses safe. And by that I meant making sure the horses could at least see a vet a soon as possible if there was a problem instead of waiting on the trail for help.

I was mistaken. How tough can you be if you can't take a little suffering, I guess.

Maybe the horse does know better about what they want to do, rather than us being the responsible ones. I don't know.

I did say, "Now I am NOT saying we ask too much of our equine partners on a challenging ride. If the HORSE is well PREPARED for the task at hand, all should go well. But if something does go wrong, and the other safeguards are not in place then that is just plain cruel to the HORSE. Wouldn't you agree?"

Apparently, some don't. I don't get that. The safeguards are our responsibility alone. The horse will just go.

I never said don't ride, don't take risks, stay in a arena leave your horse alone. I am pretty sure I didn't.

All I was trying to say, is that trails can be beautiful, challenging, tough and remote. That doesn't mean it can't be safe as well. Just because WE like it, doesn't necessarily mean it is in the best interests of the HORSE.

I certainly never said I was the only one who cared. Obviously, more riders than not take very good care of their horses no matter what the conditions.

Being tough and being smart, don't always go hand and hand. Obviously.

I was merely trying to support the idea that just because it was, doesn't mean it was good.

Lisa Salas, The Odd fARm
I'm done, I'm hitt'n the bottle.;)