RE: [RC] [RC] 2006 Big Horn 100 - Jessica Cameron

Just a quick question? Did ride management not ride that part of the trail to get an idea how long it would take?

I rode the 50 years ago as a junior, got swiped off a tree after the first vet check, my foot went through the stirrup, and got my hand stepped on, talk about making a tough ride tougher. I've always wanted to do the 100 and actually begged my dad that day to let me finish and do the 100, but that was before they had the elevate option. I've always wanted to do the 100 at the BH, especially after my watching my dad compete in the ROC when it was held there. I would have made it this year, but didn't and I was very disappointed. But, how could RM be so surprised that it took everyone way longer to finish that part of the trail? That seems like bad planning and management to me.

Jessica AERC # 8324, and yes, I have done 1- 100, the Fort Howes 100, this year, before someone jumps down my throat for not having done a 100.

From: "Steph Teeter" <stephteeter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Faustina Duffy" <kellswaterfarm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC]   2006 Big Horn 100
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:43:25 -0600

Well, both Pal and I would have been VERY VERY happy after 3 hours and a
zillion feet of climbing up and down to turn right to Jack's Creek instead
of left and on down to Adelaide Lake, Shag Nasty, etc. I don't know the
whole history of the ride, but I think the 'Shag Nasty' section is
tradition, and even though it was too far and too long  and too late in the
day, it was soooooo beautiful. I think the best solution is to figure out
how to use Adelaide Canyon again.

Steph