RE: [RC] 2006 Big Horn 100 - Steph Teeter

Well, both Pal and I would have been VERY VERY happy after 3 hours and a zillion feet of climbing up and down to turn right to Jack's Creek instead of left and on down to Adelaide Lake, Shag Nasty, etc. I don't know the whole history of the ride, but I think the 'Shag Nasty' section is tradition, and even though it was too far and too long  and too late in the day, it was soooooo beautiful. I think the best solution is to figure out how to use Adelaide Canyon again.

Steph
-----Original Message-----
From: Faustina Duffy [mailto:kellswaterfarm@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:52 PM
To: Steph Teeter
Cc: ridecamp
Subject: 2006 Big Horn 100

 If ride management either
gets Adelaide Creek back, or finds another trail from Alpine to Jacks Creek,
I would ride the 100 again, but not if the trail was the same as 2006.

Steph

I have had a thought, by the way (I know, I KNOW-it's rare, but it can happen!).  Since it is about 14 miles from the road near the Jacks Creek VC out, over Shag Nasty, and back to Jacks Creek, and the trail was (at least) 14 miles over 100...why not eliminate that part, and just cut down to the VC the first time we ride that road?  As I said...just a thought...