[RC] suspensory ligaments & 75 miles pacing - Chrystal Woodhouse

Hi :-) First a question for a friend re: suspensory ligaments- a horse she bought a  few months ago seems to have done something to his suspensory ligament- the ultrasound hasn't been done yet- however nerve blocking his leg indicated the suspensory ligament. The question is: has anyone successfully rehabilitated and competed on a horse with suspensory problems?????

Second question is for me; my mare and I are going to do our first 75 miles next Saturday we have done several 50's over the last year- our last 50 she came in 5th and it was the toughest ride we have ever done, however our time on our last loop was faster than our first ( same loop) so that was good!:-)  On this 75 do I go a bit quicker in the a.m. when it is cool and then slow down in the heat- to pick it up again in the late afternoon/evening??
Also- how can I tell if I am riding fast enough but not too fast? She recovers to under 64 within 4 minutes at vet checks, we trot/canter anywhere from 115 to 136/140, I work really hard at NOT  going above 150 , (well I am not so picky on the last half of the last loop, then I just let her do what she wants!!:-))

Agh- just when 50's were getting easy for us I choose to do a 75!! I feel like I am starting all over again!! Is 75 THAT much harder????? ( <-  feel free to lie to me about that :-) ;-) :-)  )

Chrystal :-)