Re: [RC] To Ramy Jisha and BG 100 - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/24/2006 10:32:03 AM Mountain Standard Time, horseraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Making the statement "two were killed" is a little much.
I believe two were, in fact, killed after participating in the Big Horn ride.

And, I don't for a moment believe that either rider of the horse is indifferent to what happened.  Awareness by several folks might've may a difference, might've not.

I know that in the past, (heck, probably even in the future, too), I've done things at a ride that I wish I hadn't.  On occasion, I was even taken aside by a ride manager/vet and quietly called to task (okay, it was Dave Nicholson..."Don't you like your horse, Frank?").

SELF-RELIANCE at an endurance ride sounds wonderful, romantic and all that.

But, I believe the successful participation in endurance is the result of the efforts of the horse, the rider, the ride manager, the Vet, the volunteers, other riders, God, Luck and holding your mouth just right when possible.  Some say it takes a village.....I think it takes an organization and a ridecamp.

Frank