Re: [RC] 2006 Big Horn 100 - DVeritas

In a message dated 7/23/2006 2:11:56 PM Mountain Standard Time, mywalkinghorse@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The entire story of this ride needs to be told so more horses hopefully don't suffer.
I hope that the entire story does get told.

This ride, the Big Horn 100, is an important ride, historically significant.

The trail is beautiful.

The two horses who died after spending time on the trail there were beautiful, too, I'm sure.

No horse should die as a result of participating in an endurance ride.

I am truly saddened by the deaths of the horses.
I will be truly saddened if the ride was conducted in such a manner as to have contributed to the deaths of these two horses.
If the riders of the two horses tasked them in such a way as to have contributed to the deaths of the two horses and the controls were not in place as to have helped safeguard the horses, I will be absolutely heartsick over it.
If the Big Horn 100 dies because it can not be conducted in a manner safe for horse and rider, that will sadden me, too.
But, for me, NO RIDE is more important than the life of an animal who has no say in how hard it is ridden.

Frank Solano