[RC] Newbie question - Katah1

Any advice on who to talk to (or will you talk to me if you're the one) about what to do different (if anything) with our gaited horses in the beginning stages of training for endurance?

The horse is already a very well trained horse in most other respects. Mountain/trail training, running water, bridges, steep ravines, mud, big logs...has competed on drill team and participated in multiple parades and shows...

It's the long slow conditioning and training I'm asking about. I've read a couple of the endurance books and haunted the website and have read ridecamp posts and have gone and taken pictures for a couple of endurance rides (and plauged them with questions, too).

But, I'm assuming there are some diffences with relation to the gaites and how to train with them and utilize them on the trail and when to move in and out of them...even though its said that the horses were created to go all day over rough terrain...I have my doubts when we talk about the scale of training for something like one day doing a 100 and the long term of my horse is obviously important to me.

I live in the NW area.

Thanks and much appreciated!

Ciao!

Cathleen S. Adkison
Companion to Gentleman Jack, smokey black, Rocky Mountain Gelding
Companion to Luv Song, DK Bay Arabian 11 YO Maiden
While raising, breeding and showing our little Icelandic friends

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message may  contain information which may be privileged, confidential and/or protected  from disclosure.  The information is intended only for the use of the  individual or entity named above.  If you have received this message in  error, please e-mail the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient,  any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.   Please notify sender if you have received this in  error.