[RC] Re: [RC]?? Question about not urinating during a 50 - Marinera

I had a mare who was reluctant to urinate on the Tevis Cup Ride.  So the second year I was planning on riding her, someone suggested that I send a bag of her own manure into every vet stop, spread it around and stand her on that and they guaranteed my problem would be solved. So my crew, with a certain amount of disgust, laboriously lugged sacks of her old manure to the each vet stop and we would spread it around her and watch and wait. And then watch and wait a bit longer. It was all futile.  It took the great American River at about the 85 mile point to get the results we wanted.  I like to think it was well diluted for those downstream. Except for Bob, who had no choice, those particular people never volunteered to crew for me again.  Julie