RE: [RC] Night Rides - What to feed vets and volunteers? - Susan E. Garlinghouse, D.V.M.

Speaking only for myself, nothing ever tastes as good during the day as fruit.  Something really juicy like watermelon.  At night, virtually anything hot and substantial.  Chili, stew, spaghetti, lasagna, whatever I can find in Bruce’s rig while he and Dayna are on the trail….

I used to whip up giant vats of white chicken chili for cold nights doing research that always did a good job of keeping the furnaces burning.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Turnage
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:33 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Night Rides - What to feed vets and volunteers?

For those of you that manage 100's and/or night rides, what do you feed your volunteers and vets to keep them going through the night?  I'm doing a night ride this year, only a 30/50.  We're providing spaghetti for dinner but am looking for suggestions on what to feed in those wee morning hours???

Thanks!

~ Crysta, Ride Manager
Nevada Moonshine - 6/10/06