Re: [RC] [RC] Encouraging more 100 mile starts - Sherman

Yes, I really enjoyed being able to do a couple of 50's in one weekend, but it was only to check our readiness for a 100. I suppose for many, doing a few days of the shorter rides is just as satisfying. For us, 100 is the goal, everything else is just what we have to do to get there. But we're also not at all competitive, we don't care about points or placing, it's all about the trail and our horses, being ready for the 100 together.....

Kathy

Julie and I were recently having a talk about the diminishing numbers of 100 mile rides and riders, and she thinks that the numbers of 4- and 5-day rides that have a base camp (no crews needed), some of them complete with meals that the rider can purchase, has contributed greatly to the diminishing interest in 100-mile rides.  I think she has a very strong point there.

Barbara