[RC] Protecting saddle against theft - Lysane Cree

Just this past weekend I had a nice wool saddlepad disappear from the barn where I board. No one has seen it and it does not appear that anyone there borrowed it without asking or something like that. I am one of the few that rides in an english saddle so its not like an english pad is in high demand around here. But between the two pads that I had on my saddle rack they left the easier to reach (it was on top) cheap pad and took the harder to reach (under the saddle) real wool pad. The tack room up to this point was never locked and so it would have been very easy for someone to come by at night when no one is around. Now I am worrying about my saddle "disappearing" also. For now, I have locked it up onto the saddle rack with a lock for bicycles - the ones with a steel cable. A deterrent at least until the door can be fixed with a lock on it.

How do you mark or i.d. your saddles? My current one is a Wintec so it is synthetic. The next one I am planning to buy is an RP (leather).

I am not sure I will want to leave the RP at the barn now, although it will be a pain to have to haul it back and forth between the barn...but marking it somewhere underneath might be a good idea (for my Wintec too).

Lysane