[RC] team selection - oddfarm

The nominated entry of 12 horses and riders plus two alternates was named this week through an extensive process by a committee who observed the horses and riders at various events during the past two years. The final team was selected based on two training events that took place in early July.
Steph, can you elaborate on this process? What were the 2 training events? Who is watching at the events to help make these decisions? Do the riders know in advance that they are possibilities and are being watched? Were the riders riding the same horse for those 2 years?

I just found out how to see if you qualify for NC ride, (Thanks to Judy who probably thinks there is something seriously wrong with me ;(

I doubt I will ever be at that level but I have always wondered how the process worked. John said something about having the paperwork filled out within a certain amount of time before a particular event, so what if you don't belong to all the right agencies and what not? Does that all have to be done before you can even be considered?

Lisa Salas, teh Oddf aRm