[RC] Cooling Vests - WRSINOSKY

Living in the middle of the Az desert, I purchased one of the original cooling vests at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show two years ago.  It works really well in the dry heat.  However, this time of year, when the temperatures are in the 110's and our humidity is 50% or more, I find it doesn't work nearly as well.  I had mine on the other day while I mucked out stalls.  It kept me cooler than just wearing a tank top, but not nearly as cool as when the air is dry.

In the land of evaporative coolers for homes, it is a well known fact that when humidity rises, evap coolers don't work very well.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ  (5am Friday morning..99 and rising)