[RC] Commute - Hybrid Vehicles - Angie Fura

Hi Ridecamp - I need your help again.

A few months ago, my husband and I relocated to a new home way out in the country.   We did this so that I could have direct access to trails without having to trailer out.  My husband's commute to work almost doubled;  it went from 17 miles to 30 miles (and yes, I love him very much for making this sacrifice for me!).   He is an office worker so he goes to work 5 days a week.  We're looking into buying a hybrid car for him.   Our current car gets about 20 MPH.  We're very excited about the hybrid; it generally gets 60 MPH!   But we have no experience with hybrids.   I was shocked to learn that the Toyota Prius doesn't even have a transmission!  Do any one you know of a website or any other resource that I can research these vehicles?  If you have a personal experience with them, I would love to hear that too.

Thanks for your help!

Angie Fura
Co-Manager of the Trace Tribute
www.tracetribute.com