FW: Re: [RC] [RC] RC: Horse Management in Heat... - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Yes Truman,I do agree with you,Malaysia is like your Florida, mid 90's with 60 to 70's humidity ,nothing oppressive like your heat waves up north.Floridians would do well here .You guys would not need to worry about the heat if your staging post prior to freight is Florida with sand etc etc.The WEC would be a more level playing field as it tend to obtund the advantage of teams with instant million euro acquisations and enhance ride strategy and real horsemanship which I think is in abundance in America.Australia will be there fighting for numero uno. UAE riders who are foreign to riding at snail pace will find difficulty .That is endurance.Come over here in november when we have our 1st 160 km trial ride in Terengganu,the site of the future WEC 2008.I think Steph will be riding here then,she can report back on the degree of difficulty.The riders have got to get used to a 15 hour ride.The rest like electrolyting ,nutrition and cooling are pretty standard.You guys will do well!

From: Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Nik Isahak Abdullah <drnikisahak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   RC: Horse Management in Heat...
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:51:39 -0400

Nik,

Our climate is probably similar to yours. Low 90's and high humidity but normally a nice breeze - after all it's the tropics. We ride every day - even in the summer. Some days we ride harder than others but we do ride. I've lived in several other places in the US, the Washington DC area, Western Kentucky/Tennessee. Let me tell you the heat waves there make FL looks like a refrigerator. I lived in Denver for a couple of years and the heat there can be brutal - dry heat my rear end.

I even spent the better part two years in LA - and CA heat can be brutal.

Hopefully the US picks horses and riders that are accustomed to riding in high humidity. That will be the test in Malaysia - that and maybe having to deal with a stray tiger here or there.

Truman

Nik Isahak Abdullah wrote:
Truman,
We in Malaysia are on 'heat" all the time but not as bad as your heat wave ie beyond 100 etc etc.Ride easy,ride slow.You from Flotida would do well.America can do well in Malaysia.UAE may get cooked at the speed they do.
Nik

--

?With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.? Steven Weinberg ? Nobel Laureate, Physics

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new MSN Search. http://search.msn.com.my/ Try it now.