Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3980 Horse Size - Chipnml

Don't let those Dressage/CT people tell you what size horse you should have.  I come from a strong dressage/CT background, but rode a large Arab (16 hands).  When I evented him, he was "that cute little Arab"....when I had him at rides he was "the big grey."  When I got Cheers (14.2), I remember one trainer asking me WHAT I was thinking getting something no bigger than her daughter's pony.  You will find that endurance people aren't really hung up on size.  I often rode with a friend who had a large saddlebred/arab.  We decided she had the advantage crossing rivers and my horse was great when we had to go under low hanging branches!

Chip