[RC] Barbaro update - Suzanne Boyd

I do agree, these people clearly show compassion and the "right attitude". But dollars always come into play somewhere. If he can manage to produce one small foal crop, he would earn more than he has in his racing career.

Yes, if Barbaro produces one small foal crop, he will rake in more than in his racing career. Barbaro earned $2,302,200 racing. If his stud fee(supposing he could ever be a stud) is set at $100,000(which is the absolute *most* it could be, given the market) and he could cover 25 mares, which is a small amount of mares, then he would make 2.5 million. Not much more than he earned racing, and half as much as he could have been sold for before the Derby. Yes, with thoroughbreds, the money is in the breeding, not the racing. But I still contend the Jackson's are sticking with Bobby out of love and commitment to their horses, just like many of us.

Suzanne(I lied, I had to post again)