Re: [RC] Gas crunch - Chris Paus

In this gas crunch era I feel very blessed to live within riding
distance of 30 miles of trail at a state park. I'm 3 miles from a trail head
which I can easily get to. Just tack up at home and go! Of course I
have to brave some nasty neighbor dogs, cars, gravel road dust, and
assorted Arab horse eating monsters, but I don't have to spend any gas to get
there!

  If I do want to drive to the main trail head it's only 11 miles, so
do-able. I can get in  unlimited miles on the gravel roads around here,
but who wants to do that to her horse?

  Chris

  P.S. Did I do Ok this time JT?

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
  So, now I'm thinking. Is my Arab a "trail guzzler"? Does the fact
that
he can go so far so fast just make me run out of trail? If we have a
trail shortage, should I get an animal that "conserves trail?"
Saturday,
the pace with those chunky horses looking like they hated to take every
step felt sooo slow.

              When in doubt, tell the truth.

-Mark Twain

  Chris Paus