RE: [RC] Freeform saddle and choice of girths - Karen Standefer

I still use the Wintec and just force the billets through.  One of my Freeforms has more narrow billets and works perfectly.  Don’t know how you can specifically request more narrow billets, but I’m sure you probably can.  Although replacing them on an existing saddle might be a problem.

Karen

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of shaynesmith01@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 12:21 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Freeform saddle and choice of girths

I have a question to all of you who currently love your Freeform saddle like I do!  I am not crazy about the Mohair girth I am currently using on my gelding.  I have been discouraged from using the airnet girth as well.  I have considered using a wool cover on the Mohair, but would rather not.

What kind of girths is everyone using?  I have used a Wintec girth on my boy his whole life, but the billet on the new saddle are too fat.  Any suggestions?  I do not wish to order/buy girths and then have to return them because they do not fit.

Advice needed please!