Re: [RC] bloodline questions/heidi? - Chris Paus

Do you have email for Becky Huffman or Edie Booth? They raise Blue Stars and can explain it well.

The bear claw? I have no idea.

chris
Kathie Ford <MsPoOh17@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there, was just looking way back into one of my mares bloodlines and found a couple of horses that I would like to understand some terminology on.

First one is what does the term "Blue Star" refer to, and the second question is about the "bear Claw" horses?

All it said was that it was a careful breeding program.

Is it good to have a "bear claw" horse/s in a pedigree these days? Also, what was it that was desireable in them?

One of the mares names was Ragala, then Rafala.  Then there was Tut something in there too.  Tut (something) is a very nice looking grey stallion.

Really curious what this is.

thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to answer.  Also feel free to email privately so not to clog RC, unless it would be a good thread others can enjoy or benefit from too.

thanks!
kathie

When in doubt, tell the truth.

-Mark Twain